The FT-950 is kind of a FT-2000 Lite. It has some of the 2000's features, but the 950 lacks a sub-receiver and internal AC supply.

I'm curious about the price class of the 950- I'd guess something like $1600.

73,
Scott, N9AA

Jay Schwisow wrote:
Alot of this text comes from the FT 2000 brochure. Maybe it is a FT 2000 with Version 2.0 software. I personally do not understand why Yaesu is doing this prior the FT 2000 being stable unless it is replacing the FT 2000..........

The features of the K3 and the approach that Elecraft is using to bring this to market (input from dxers, contestors, field testers, pre-built rig, etc..) will make this the rig of choice for many in the ham community. I expect the K3 will be one of the most popular and highly regarded rigs of all time.

Jay - KT5E
K2 - 5037
K3 - ?