OT I know, but it does relate to my K2 ;-)

Wondering if anyone on the list might have a recommendation for a simple QRP
antenna for use in a hotel? My wife is attending a conference in Chicago in
a couple of weeks and I'm going with. When she booked the hotel, I just
asked that we get a room as high as possible. I'm not sure what we got yet.

I'm taking my K2 (I bought a nice Pelican case for it a few months ago) and
a few spools of small enameled wire. I was thinking of just using a 65' end
fed with a 1/4 wavelength counterpoise for 40m operation. I've also done
some reading on the W3EDP antenna.

Anyone have some decent experiences out there? Or, bad ones that I should
stay away from?

Dave W8FGU
K2 #5099