I read the new K3 Quickstart Guide and noticed that with QSK button, I believe
that you can only select SEMI or FULL, but no OFF.  Why would I want an OFF
function?  I got in the habit of switching the breakin on my radio to OFF when
it is unattended for a couple of reasons.  One, I usually have a computer
connected for CW keying and who knows if it will reboot or hangup.  When my
computer reboots, it usually has the LPT port in the wrong state and
continuously keys the radio.  The other reason is from the old movie, "On The
Beach".   From Wikipedia:

"The story is set in 1964, what was then the near future (1963 in the book) in
the months following World War III. The conflict has devastated the northern
hemisphere, polluting the atmosphere with nuclear fallout and killing all life.
[...]
"From Australia, survivors detect a mysterious and incomprehensible Morse code
radio signal originating from the United States. With hope that some life has
remained in the contaminated regions, one of the last American nuclear
submarines, the USS Sawfish, placed by its captain under Australian naval
command, is ordered to sail north from its port of refuge in Melbourne
(Australia's southernmost major mainland city) to try to contact whoever is
sending the signal.
[...]
"The Sawfish then travels to an abandoned naval installation in San Diego (in
the book, it is located near Seattle), where they discover that, although the
city's residents have long since perished from radiation poisoning, the Naval
base's hydroelectric power is still on-line. The ship's communications officer
is sent ashore in a radiation suit to investigate. The mysterious signal is the
result of a Coca-cola bottle being nudged by a window shade teetering in the
breeze and occasionally hitting a telegraph key."

One of the first movies with commercial product placement!  Seriously, I always
thought that it was good practice and habit to disable the transmitter when not
in the room.  Even in the room, sometimes it is a good idea.  The other day I
was listening on the band and had the VOX on.  The headset was on the table
with the mike connected, but I had the speaker on to just listen as I was doing
something else.  I sneezed and tripped the VOX.  I chuckled when someone,
somewhere said "Bless you" over the air!