> I wish there was a good way to know what the fans sound like
> in the K3/100.

They sound the same on as when they are off, unless you really are in an
anechoic chamber.  They are incredibly quiet, so much so that I thought they
weren't working and had to go around behind the rig to verify the blades
were turning, even at the highest speed.  By contrast, the ProIII I have
currently sitting next to the K3 has very audible fan noise, sometimes even
detectable with headphones on.

This isn't an analytical answer, and yes with the right equipment you could
detect a dB level, but trust me, fan noise is not an issue with the K3.

---  Ed, thanks, that IS **exactly** what I wanted to know.
---  Your ready comparison with a known noise source is the gold standard for
me.
---  Very much appreciated!
---  I'm sure we will eventually see an SPL spec from Aptos, along with more
---  operational details of the cooling system / theory of operation as time
goes on.
---  gl 73 de Steve KZ1X/4