Some of us will be taking our new K3's to demonstrate at our local clubs. Often it is not possible to use an outside antenna. So what is the best way to provide usable signals for the demonstration? It will be relatively easy to feed the 8.12MHz IF of the K3 to a SDR quadrature detector (Softrock and Rocky?) and record the I and Q output signals by feeding them into a computer sound card. This could record on a hard drive or CD/DVD a small band of frequencies (typically 48 or 96KHz) over several minutes. Is there a simple way of converting this recording back into RF (7MHz?) so that it can be fed back into the K3 antenna at demonstration time? Is there a program and hardware available that is capable of this wideband QRPpp transmission? One advantage of wide band recording is that the same band of signals can be replayed many times using different K3 filter and noise reduction etc. settings to determine the best combination for a specific signal in the band. With this system it should be possible to make timed recordings while out of the shack and play them back when the band is dead. Unfortunately it would be too late to work that choice DX you recorded while away from the shack!
        Also, will there be any PowerPoint presentations produced for the K3?

73
Tony Fegan VE3QF