-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Waddell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>

I am reminded of our responsibility to communicate
with the "state of the art" of our day.

With all due respect....

Who decides what is "state of the art" and what isn't?

My K2 was built in 2001 and its design dates to 1999.
My Southgate Type 7 was built in the early 1990s but
its design could have been done thirty years earlier if
someone had thought of it.

I have other rigs too, mostly older.

Where's the line? If a rig puts out a clean signal, is
it state-of-the-art?

This is an exciting time to be a part of our hobby,
amateur radio!

IMHO, it's always been an exciting time.

We had great rigs in the past and great rigs today.
Even better, we have a choice!

73 de Jim, N2EY