I'm reading Data Modes on page 28. There are two references to "DIG 0"
which can be used for direct modulation, which I cannot find (using
search) anywhere else in the manual. What input is this?

I'm also interested in how this modulation is achieved. Years ago, I
operated RTTY with an FT-301 using a home made modem and direct
modulation. I wrote a program which sent and received 5-bit Baudot
code at 45.5 baud via the serial port. Is this what the K3 would need,
or can you send plain ASCII at a normal supported speed and the
firmware buffers it?

If the modulation is really "direct" as stated, how would direct
modulation of PSK31 be achieved, or do I misunderstand this
capability? I'm not sure I will ever need this capability (the use of
KY commands via the CAT interface seems to me to be more useful) but
it looks interesting. Everything else is going to stop the moment my
K3 arrives, that's for certain. :)
--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com