Personally I'd call that a major difference, too. Not as major as
blowing the radio up, granted, but major enough for me to think
something was wrong other than the pins were the other way round.
Somehow I never imagined Elecraft would create incompatible interfaces
for its two radios.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. All I have to do now is remember it
when the K3 actually gets here and I try connecting it to the
computer. :)

--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com