Hi all,

After some weeks away from my K2 construction, I'm just at the point of going through the Part III Alignment, when I noticed two odd things about my K2:

-First, whenever (in fact always now) I power up my K2, I see he usual
 'Elecraft' display light up as normal.  But instead of proceeding to the
 frequency display, I see a brief display of 'P 14.6'.  I can repeat this
 everytime.  Hmmm...

-On page 78, as I begin to set the power control, the display changes to
 show 'P 14.6' again, with the number increasing slightly as I turn the
 power control knob slowly clockwise to 14.8 (when I'm really meaning for
 it to be 2W).  Out of curiousity, I switch into TUNE mode briefly with
 DISPLAY set to the meter, and see the current jump from .360 A to 3.8A,
 along with a 'hicur' warning.

Now, would I be right in suspecting something is amiss with the power output control or I've got a short someplace that's creating a boost in output power someplace?

Thanks for any insight.

Will