In a message dated 11/3/2007 10:21:27 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  writes:
Hi,

Interesting, but that jumble of toroids on the rf board is  just plain
ugly.  I like 'em neatly lined up like on my K2.

In SN 31 the toroids look more aligned and orderly. What I did note is the
packaging, being layered, did apply some pressure to the taller components
causing some toroids to lean a little. I plan to gently stand them up, but I
may
wait until after I have the rig running and baselined. I don't want to tweak
any  conditions that were present during alignment and test.

On the KAT3 and KPA3 boards, the toroids are larger and the  effect is more
pronounced, but still useable as is. I still need to see what the  assembly
manual might have to say about this.

Al WA6VNN