In a recent message, Leigh L. Klotz Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said....
Over the 4th of July vacation, I built a zero-beat detector for my KX1.
At first I was using a data book design, but I found this one by KR5L on
N0SS's site and just built his on perfboard.

That device is excellent, Leigh. I have one built into my K2 and would not do without it. Likewise, it is sensitive to +/- 10Hz.

There is a CMOS version of the zero-beat indicator around by LA3ZA using the LMC567 although I have not tried it. It is said to draw 0.9mA at 5V compared with 20mA at 8V for the LM567 version.

Have a look at http://www.qsl.net/la3za/QRP_Zero.html

73 de David G4DMP