Barry,

The TX SSB bandwidth can be reduced using the TX EQ menu entry. A more general-purpose means of accomplishing this, including appropriate menu entries, is on my list but won't be available anytime soon. So yes, you'd be limited to the width of the roofing filter, less any TX EQ changes.

73,
Wayne
N6KR