I will be using the On-Air Headset from US Interface with my K-3 when the
K-3 arrives http://www.usinterface.com/Headset.html

This is the same place that the Navigator digital-mode interface comes from
which I believe Simon just purchased for his K-3.

The headset-mic is a featherweight dual earpiece headset plus boom noise
canceling microphone for $39.95 and comes complete with a Kenwood configured
8-pin connector and breakout connector for PTT.

US Interface does publish the specs (see site) and they look pretty good to
me.

Glen (W3GWW) promptly filled my order and was nice about it. He uses his on
his K-2.

Mike Scott - AE6WA

Tarzana, CA (DM04 / near LA)
QRP-ARCI #12326/ KX1  #1311/ Swan 350C