From: Don Wilhelm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Mon, Nov 26  9:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Poor Man's ESD Mat?

Ahhh, come on Henry - Surely, you can spare $20 for an anti-static mat
to protect your $1300+++ investment in the K3 kit!

TigerDirect (www.tigerdirect.com) has their stock number ULT33122 priced at $19.99. I don't know if they are available in the local store, but a
phone call might give you that info.  I have no relationship with
TigerDirect except as a customer - I'm just passing information along.

If you really want to go inexpensive, roll out some aluminum foil to
keep everything at the same potential - you can even ground the foil
with a 1 megohm resistor to the AC equipment ground that is likely found
on every receptacle in the house.

Congratulations on receiving your K3, and Happy Building.

73,
Don W3FPR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
First, don't worry, I have not started to remove anything from the
ESD
bags.

There is quite a lot of that pink antistatic bubblewrap protecting
the
pieces of the K3 kit.  Is is possible that those could be used as a
static dissipating work mat?

73,
Henry - K4TMC