Tnx, Joe.  I seem to remember from my K2s that there was such a film, but
looking under a magnifying glass it the K3 LCD, I see no evidence of any
protective material.  And of course the absence of any instructions to that
effect should be a clue!

   Only problem I have encountered so far was inserting the chassis ground
thumbscrew through the back panel into the mating connector on the RF board.
I had to loosen the rear lower screw on the left -hand side panel
temporarily to get that thumbwheel in without cross-threading, and even at
that it's a very tight fit when you re-do the side panel screw.  The
suggestion to use that technique was removed from the instructions by Errata
B8 of Rev B1 of the Assembly Manual, and I have sent a note to Elecraft
suggesting they put it back in.  Cross-threading of the chassis ground screw
in the RF board would seem to be rather bad news and to be avoided.

   73,
   Gary, VE1RGB