Hallo

I see that the K3 receiver is spec'd down to 500 kHz. What about below that? Is it completely dead (e.g. due to filtering), or is it alive but with reduced sensitivity, selection, etc.?
Will it even tune below 500 kHz? (I've seen some receivers that won't tune at
all below their lower frequency specification.)

Without having tried it, I do not think you can tune lower than 500kHz. Anyways, way back when in May, I ws asking Wayne about the same thing, and he replied that at frequencies below 1MHz or so the switching speed of the diodes in the front end slowly start causing problems.

I would think you should be able to find more about this in the list archives and/or the FAQ.

vy 73 de toby
--
DD5FZ (ex 4n6fz, dj7mgq, dg5mgq, dd5fz)
K2/10 #885