Don,

> By my estimate (again judging only from the serial numbers
> accounted for),  serial number 225 should ship well before
> Christmas, and they should have shipped SN 250 before the
> first of the year.

That's still extremely frustrating for even those in the "second
batch" who ordered based on projected delivery prior to the end
of November.  If all of the first 200 - 250 will not be out until
the end of the year, that means those at the end of the second
batch may not even see their radios in time for ARRL DX much
less CQWW CW as originally stated (25 per week, 200 - 250 per
batch => late February or mid-March to the end of the second
run).

I've stayed out of the delivery discussions to this point but
it looks to me like the current "New K3 orders received
after Dec. 5th are targeted for late Feb. delivery." projection
is probably overly optimistic ... and this doesn't even address
the second receiver or FM filter schedules that seem to have
slipped even further.

> I don't know how many are in the 1st batch, but most have
> figured it is less than 250.

Most were counting 200 based on the "low serial number" and
deposit discussions.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV