Craig Rairdin wrote:
The Elecraft warranty isn't specific to the purchaser.

I'm not sure about that ...... From the "Repair and Warranty Information" page:

"Elecraft's 1-Year Limited Warranty*
* This warranty is effective as of the date of first consumer purchase (or if shipped from factory, date product is shipped to customer). It covers both our kits and fully assembled products. For kits, before requesting warranty service, you should fully complete the assembly, carefully following all instructions in the manual."

First consumer purchase would indicate that the warranty does not go with the radio.

73    Hank    K8DD