At 09:33 AM 2007-12-10, Dave G4AON K3/100 #80 wrote:
I don't have any 5 pole filters, so cannot comment on how they perform relative to the 8 pole types. There is certainly a noticeable improvement when the bandwidth is reduced beyond the 400 Hz mark and the narrow filter is automatically switched in. For CW I wouldn't want to rely solely on the 2.8 KHz filter.

Dave,

Perhaps you can comment on what sort of improvement was noted when the 400 Hz filter was switched in. Noise? Steeper skirt selectivity? Impulse response (ringing)? IM products?

Thanks & 73,
Terry N6RY