Warning! K3 filter use item follows.

Currently, I only have the standard 2.7 KHz filter in the FL3 slot on the RF board. I chose this location due to potential future additions of the 2.1 and 1.8 KHz filters, in slots FL2 and FL1 respectively.

Here is what I observe: With FL3 manually selected via the XFIL button; when I try to rotate the Width control below a value of 2.7 KHz, the rig automatically switches to the FL1 position, which is empty. The receiver goes dead. When I quickly reverse the Width adjustment, FL3 is not switched back. I have to manually select FL3 again with the XFIL button. Once back in FL3, I can adjust the Width control to higher values above 2.7 KHz with no problem and the passband gets wider.

Is this normal? I thought the DSP circuit would continue to narrow the passband even though the roofing filter is broader. But, why does it switch to an empty filter slot? Did I do something wrong during the Configuration setup?

Is this a firmware issue?  I have not downloaded the latest updates yet.

If I had narrower filters in the FL1 and FL2 slots, then I would expect the circuit to auto-switch to those as I narrowed the passband via the Width control. And, they should switch back in reverse order as I widen the passband. Right?

73,
Henry - K4TMC
K3 #98