Instructions include a "bunch of things" to try to prevent the speaker grill
cloth from vibrating.  Here is what I did...

* I sparingly coated the entire area of the inside of the metal cover where the
speaker cloth will be with rubber cement or contact cement.  Wiped away excess,
especially in the area of the slats in the metal.  I don't want excess to
appear on the outside of the radio.

* placed the speaker cloth on the contact cement, covering the speaker mounting
holes, and allowed cement to dry.

* With a small soldering iron, hot, poked out the screw holes by melting the
fabric with the hot tip

* mounted speaker.  Cloth is not free to vibrate, but will serve its purpose of
protecting the speaker from debris and intrusion through the gaps in the metal.

73,

Fred

K2 # 0700
K3 # 0144