I have always tried to keep my radio equipment with me as carry-on; this keeps the thieves and lost luggage at bay. When I had a 756 Pro, it fit nicely in my airline roll aboard and the power supply was right beside it. I could still carry the headset and key so I ALWAYS arrived with full operating station. Yo Yo antenna and 50 ft of RG8X included. The K3 is smaller than the 756 series so I will continue with this game plan. The use of Pelican and/or Halliburton just 'screams' out that something valuable is inside and 'steal me'. another reason I never use Pelican/Halliburton unless absolutely necessary (Acom 1000) is those case(s) arouse the curiosity of customs I have 2 Pelicans, one for Acom 1000 (tough to load on the employee bus if trying to steal) and a cute little Pelican for the K2 plus accessories. That one I only use when I put the K2 in storage or when transporting by car for local operations.
Hopefully you will never experience theft nor lost baggage.
73
Tom
CX7TT
P.S. 32 years as airline employee