I have been a happy builder/user of K3 for some week.
Experience is that this is a real Elecraft-product:
building was smooth; just according to the manual.
A few problems arose, but  reading the manual again
corrected my own fault.

KUSB-cable did not work at all. This may be  a question
of my own laptop. Replacing it with commercial series cable
cured my problem. I was lucky to have RS232 still in my laptop.
But KUSB is useless with me.

I had a TS870 here before. I found it`s Noise Reduction almost
useless for SSB. But on CW it was shining. Real marvel.
Then I waited to see the same with K3. Nothing for me.
Even the new version is not much better.
I believe and trust that Elecraft will find a well working
NR version for CW with time.

K3 contains so much goodies, that I feel
my learning curve is still in the beginning.

Benny OH9NB