Look for solderbridges or components that has no conection around the Low pass filter and PA transistors. Specialy Q7 and Q8. It's easy to forget soldering an pin on the relays.

73 de Thomas LA3PNA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike, W9QS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "elecraft" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 3:05 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 trouble

I have a problem with the first part of section 3
testing.  I set the power level to 2.0.  When I press
and hold "tune"  I get "HI CUR" on the LCD for about
1/2 second and power is at .1.  Nothing seems to be
warm.  Q6, 7 and 8 all seem Ok and not shorted.

Anything I might have missed before I start taking it
all apart again?

73,72

Mike, W9QS
EX: KN6TBP (1956), K1DGQ, DL4KM, K5LJN, W9FRR, W9KVF

K2, OHR500, OHR100A, SP1