----- Original Message ----- From: "Toby Deinhardt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jim Harris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 6:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KUSB vs K2

snip:
As far as Vista is concerned, I don't know. I've used various USB to Serial adapters for my K2 with Windows 200 & Windows XP for years now and they have worked very well, and the KUSB is nothing more than an USB to Serial adapter, using afaik a widespread solution (chip) by Prolific <http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/support.asp>.

FWIW: I have a USB to 4-serial port box and a 1-port USB to serial 'dongle' style. Both are 'no-name' devices and both use FTDI chipsets (http://www.ftdichip.com/). There are Vista certified FTDI drivers & they work FB on Vista and XP with my K2 and a pile of assorted serial stuff (ICOM CI-V, rotor, SWR bridge, ancient TNC, my buddy's Orion, etc. etc).

73, Bill N2BC