On Dec 16, 2007 8:38 AM, Geoffrey Mackenzie-Kennedy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Probably a daft question but am I right to assume that the version of
> firmware supplied as part of a K3 kit purchased from Elecraft is the latest
> released version existing at the time of shipping the kit, or is the kit
> supplied with some early version of firmware which has to be updated as part
> of the K3's 'alignment'?

As I understand it, the K3 is supplied with the latest version,
available at the time of packaging / shipping. But note that the
firmware is still in active development / maintenance, so you will
want to update it to get the latest bug fixes and enhancements.  If
only to verify that you can do it, while you have the manual in front
of you.

-Michael, VE3TIX