From: David Ferrington, M0XDF <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: wayne burdick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 3:21 pm
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Automatic 1:1/4:1 Balun switching under K3 control?

I just bought a BL2 with my K3 - why wasn't there a BL3 then!
HiHi

I'd be interested, especially if the KAT3 worked the relay when tuning too

On 20/12/07 20:00, "wayne burdick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent
You've also given me an idea for a "BL3": Same as the BL2 but with a
relay rather than a switch for selecting 1:1 vs. 4:1. We could then
use
one of the K3's spare output lines (say DIGOUT1) to switch the relay
under firmware control, per-band. There would be one wire running from
the AUX I/O connector to the BL3, and you'd need to power the relay
from the K3's switched 12 VDC accessory output.

If this is of interest, I'll ask the BL2's designer to take a look at
it. I have the same problem myself, so I already want two :)
--
DonŒt complain. Nobody will understand. Or care. And certainly donŒt try
to fix the situation yourself. ItŒs dangerous. Leave it to a highly