Likewise.  Jim - KE0NE
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Klewer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tom AK2B" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] TRANSLATION: K3 Subreceiver Status Update

AMEN!

Tom AK2B wrote:

Hi Steve,

"The Believers" sounds more like a 60's rock group than a description of
Elecraft customers. From my perspective, working for a small business, you
become well acquainted with your customers over a period of time. A lot of
these customers come back because they trust you based upon their past
experiences. So, you are absolutely correct when you say that a company's
word and reputation are paramount. I've been dealing with Elecraft since
2004. In that time I've had numerous occasions where I had to contact the
company for a variety of reasons. In no case were my e-mails or phone calls ignored or sidetracked to a foreign country. Every experience I've had with
Elecraft whether through their products or customer support has been
positive. (I wish I could say that about more than a handful of the
companies I do business with.)

The simple truth is, any company can hit a bump in the road and will. At
that point, they have to rely on their word and past reputation. Based upon
Elecraft's track record, I don't feel the least worried. When I read posts
like yours, I just assume you haven't any prior experience with the company in which to base your comments. It is very easy to look with a jaundiced eye
towards a lot of disreputable businesses these days and then lump them all
together. In the long run, though, it is not fair to those that who have
done nothing to warrant it.
I don't see Elecraft as a religion to which your "Believers" tag implies.
They are a COMPANY of people of which I have had the pleasure of doing
business with. I like what they sell and I like the way the treat me. It’s
that simple.

The K3 is as a major undertaking by a couple of wide eyed hams in Aptos who think they can build the world’s best amateur transceiver. I think they have
done it – even though there remain a few bumps. I think they also feel a
strong sense of responsibility in making sure that you not only get what
they have advertised but that it also works as advertised.
Frankly, I see it all as rather exciting that the K3 is still undergoing so many changes right before my eyes and that it only takes a few mouse clicks
to implement them. But, make no mistake, the K3 as it sits is a remarkable
product - maybe not finished - but, none-the-less, remarkable. The fact that the K3 will be getting even better with time leaves me feeling that my money
was not only well spent – but is also producing dividends.
Come to think of it, maybe I am a Believer.

Tom, AK2B

Steve Sacco NN4X wrote:

Actually (and this may be a shock to "The Believers") you might be
surprised to know that there seems to be a rather LARGE group of people
who agree with me, not only for the "TRANSLATION" e-mail, but also the
"OPEN LETTER" e-mail which I sent last month.  They say so,
enthusiastically, in private correspondence.  No joke.

You see, John, when all's said and done, all we have is our reputation.

There are those who stand and deliver on promises, those who don't.

Those who's word cannot be trusted must be held accountable.  This HAS to
be the case, because, at a high level, what else holds a civilization
together?

Anyway, enjoy S/N 157!

73,

Steve NN4X