Don Wilhelm wrote:
Ian,

The transverters cannot be directly connected to the K3 like they can on the K2. There are signals in the K3 ACC connector that can be used if you want to be creative, but without that, the K3 can be connected to the transverters like a non-Elecraft transceiver.
Then what is the point of the K3 transverter interface? Does it simply provide a low level output?

By the way (and very important) the signals from the K2 to the transverter are *NOT* RS-232. Look at the connector label on the K2 - it says "AUX I/O". Just because it is a DE-9 connector and does contain 2 signal lines (TXD and RXD) that can connect to a computer serial port does not make it an RS-232 connector - the signals that go to the transverter are unique K2 internal signals.
I fully understand this Don. That is the reason I stated serial and not RS232. Perhaps I could have been more pedantic :-)

73 Ian

--

Ian J Maude, G0VGS
SysOp GB7MBC DX Cluster