Ok, here's part of the the answer from dxwatch.com:

DX de K0BLT 10117.4 K7NEE/8R1 Dan sed look @ N7YDO..Looks OK! 2317z 01 Feb

Maybe he's in the process of applying for k7nee.

73,
Mike  ab3ap

Mike Markowski wrote:
In a bit of a pile up, I worked Dan K7NEE/8R1 on 30m yesterday and was excited because he said he was on a geology expedition in the jungle in Guyana, was qrp using homemade straight key, and home qth near Las Vegas. However, I later found K7NEE is unassigned. I copied a few calls I've seen here on the Elecraft list, so I wonder if anyone knows the scoop with this? Hopefully I miscopied his call is all, but I emailed another op who copied the same as me.

Tnx for any info!
Mike  ab3ap