They are virtually identical. Same basic mic element, case etc.

We took over manufacturing this when Heil discontinued his OEM version suddenly. Apparently he had purchased a group of excess mics and had replaced the dynamic element with the Electret element. (Leaving the unused dynamic element unused inside the case.) When he ran out he suddenly stopped selling them, so we had to locate the manufacturer of the plastic cases and spec our own custom version.

For our MH2, the only changes were to eliminate the unused dynamic element left inside the case by Heil, and to improve the foam mounting for the electret element for better mechanical support. Overall the two mics sound identical. We've bought a very large quantity of these and they will be around for some time. :-)

73, Eric

_..._

David Pratt wrote:
I am sure this has been asked before but I cannot recall there being a definite answer.

What is the difference between the MH2 microphone that was sold for the K2 (and was withdrawn from sale) and the MH2 now being sold for the K3?

Was the original microphone defective in some way? Does it now have a different insert? If it is different mechanically, what is the difference?

73