UNFAIR!
We are most certainly investigating our K3s (I've had mine for a month now
and am still learning) - I spent a week of trying to resolve an issue,
including taking out the I/O modules and performing some measurements to try
to resolve this (at Elecraft's request), all of which proved not to be the
problem (ok, that's what investigation is about).

So I used my own initiative and followed my first thoughts - considered it
was a firmware bug (which I had stated the week previously), reverted the
firmware and the problem went away.

I then posted that to the list (after Elecraft had confirmed it) to assist
those who may have had similar problems and were wondering about it.
All of which Elecraft have stated was of help.

The end result though was a known issue.
My point is, a lot of us would not be asking on the list and Elecraft would
not be spending so much time responding to questions, if the known issues
were available.

Lovely company, great people, great support and responsiveness - a little
lacking on the communication side. Perhaps I'm expecting too much, in my
line of business, my suppliers publish known issues, expected resolutions
and statuses on web sites - but yes they are multi-million companies.
And I have to admit, that not something the big 3 do either.

Yes I accept that I'm at the sharp end, yes I'm happy to find and report
issues. Having the known issues published saves everybody time documenting
and chasing them and lets us get on with using the rig and hopefully
resolving other issues for those that will follow.

Sorry for long posting.

73 de M0XDF / K3 #174

On 6/2/08 20:56, "Dave Agsten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

--
Our society must make it right and possible for old people not to fear the
young or be deserted by them, for the test of a civilization is the way