Yes, the Orion (II) is a "little" unpleasant to listen to unless one perhaps
adjusts RF gain down.  I enjoyed the excellent filtering on the Orion II when
comparing the modified FT-1000D and Pro III, but the Orion II felt "unfinished"
for the year and a half I had it. Yes, can maybe blame the agc, but that is not
an acceptable excuse for noise. There is a lot more to a radio than excellent
filtering. One has to listen to it too.

  Ken, KA0W

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  In a message dated 2/10/2008 3:17:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,