Greg - AB7R wrote:

> I havn't used it yet.  But it seems to work on the audio output from the
> radio.  If
>
> that's the case it seems it would only decode signals that are in your RX
> filter BW.
>
> Isolating the signal you want and narrowing down the filter should give
> you what you
>
> are looking for....I think.  :)

There is a two page write up on this program in the latest RadCom, arrived
today. One of the things it mentioned is that the program apparently doesn't
work well if any filtering is used. It wants a wide band input taken from
the IF, not a regular audio output, or its decoding abilities suffer. Don't
ask me why.

It's most depressing, reading how the software helped the author spot the
exact frequency that successful callers were using, so he could call on the
same frequency and make a contact with the DX right away, while others
without the software, unable to spot the exact frequency to call on, went
unanswered. A key skill that allowed the less well equipped station to get
an advantage over those with more power but less operating prowess, has been
wiped out by a bit of shareware. :(

(To forestall a possible deluge of requests for copies of the article, sorry
but I don't posssess a scanner, even if I was willing the RSGB's copyright.)

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
Zerobeat Ham Forums: www.zerobeat.net/smf