nz0t wrote:

> I have tried several mics with my K2 and the best reports are from an old
> Midland CB hand mic that I got free at a hamfest.  It's an ugly old black
> thing but it works.

I got one like that from Maplin several years ago. You could run over it
with a truck and it wouldn't harm it. I've only ever used it on rare
occasions when I've taken the K2 out mobile or portable, but it sure has
earned some unsolicited complimentary audio reports.

As for plug compatibility, my oldest mic has been rewired so many times the
cross-head screws on the plug shell are almost completely burred over.
Fortunately since the K2 arrived in the shack several years ago I haven't
needed to rewire it. It worked with the K3 with no problem.

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
Zerobeat Ham Forums: www.zerobeat.net/smf