Argh!  I agree with the others that multiple TX EQ settings are
a "must."  Even with the Mark V, I've discovered that it's often
very worthwhile to change transmit bandwidth, turn off/on the
EDSP modulation and select from among the built in EDSP EQ
based on conditions or operating style.  A single setting - even
one setting for the front panel input and one for the back panel
input - don't do the K3 justice.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV