I am not one of those hearty souls that participates in FYBO, but spring is just around the corner and my "cabin fever" thoughts are drifting to visions of portable operations with my KX-1 (40, 30, 15 m with internal ATU). Over the past couple of years I have used a variety of antennas. Everything has worked, but I'm still searching for the "holy grail" that will maximize portability, convenience, and performance. I recently came across the WA3WSJ Bead-Wire antenna and would like to hear from anyone that has tried variations of this antenna. Some of my specific questions are.

What is this wire like to work with? Strong? Light? Does it kink or tangle easily?

What are the different radiator lengths that people have tried?

WA3WSJ uses 3 equal-length counterpoise wires. Has anyone tried counterpoise lengths cut to specific bands?

Any other comments or ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

73
Paul - N8XMS