-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:59 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3: How many amps does it draw?

Hi all:

Wondering if anybody has measured this...

I have the K3 with the KPA3, but I run it almost all the time at 5
watts output (5.0 setting).

What is the max amps that this configuration might draw, assuming a
good SWR and a normal voltage (indoor) supply?  I want to see "how
small" (but safe) a power supply I can use.

Thanks,
de Doug KR2Q

PS:  I already have a 35 amp supply which I'm currently (no pun)
using, but it overkill when I run qrp.