As you stated, it depends on how many were ordered over the past 6 months or so. It appears they would be able to produce about 700 more during the next 4 months.
Jim K4JAF

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Rasmussen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ElecraftQRXQRXQRX List" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 4:14 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 by June?

Does anyone think that this is a realistic date,
or will I most likely be waiting 8-10 months?

Bill,

Nobody knows how many K3's have been ordered, but we
do know that they shipped zero K3's from May to June,
a few K3's in July working up to 125 K3's from mid
December to mid January, and 175 K3's mid Jan to mid
Feb. Their proces has been refined and they know what
to expect in the way of turnaround from their vendors
by now. So it may be sustainable at the present rate,
maybe even improved.

http://www.zerobeat.net/mediawiki/index.php/K3_Serial_Numbers

My guess, June is optimistic - keep an eye on the wiki
and you will see precisely how much shorter the wait
is getting over the next few months.

[Elecraft] K3 by June?
Bill kimura bill.kimura at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 16:05:00 EST 2008

Greetings everyone,
I just ordered my 1st HF radio the other day, (K3) and
I was told that
the expected ship date would be June. (4 months out)
After reading
numerous threads on this mailing list about people
receiving their
units 8, 9, 10 months after placing the order, it's
hard to be optimistic
that I'll actually
see my unit in 4 months.  Does anyone think that this
is a realistic date,
or will I most likely be waiting 8-10 months?  Has
Elecraft ramped up
their production at all recently to be able to get
these units out the
door faster?

Thanks,
- Bill (KB1PXD)