Hey Ron,

Another item that really helps SMD/T work and rework
is a flux pencil. Mouser carries them and I'm sure
others.

I use a wood toothpick to hold the parts in place
while soldering.

Think the key to doing good work is taking one's time.

A good flip-down jewelers visor helps as well. Would
like to find one of these with LED lamps to better
light some of the boards and parts.

Poor vision and the jitters does make this work tough
going, if not impossible to do. I suspect there will
come a time when I won't want to do it. Of course, by
that time everything will probably require a
microscope and nanobot soldering stations ;o)

73,
Julius

Julius Fazekas
N2WN