At 01:33 PM 2/23/2008, Björn Mohr wrote:
I am looking for a simple solution to reverse the K3 ALC input to a negative
going ALC circuit. If you have interfaced your K3 with any amp using
negative ALC, please let me know your solution.

Hi Björn

I haven't seen any reply to your question posted yet.

The question of the ALC compatibility has come up before. Elecraft have promised that they will provide a solution soon. See their K3 FAQ at <http://www.elecraft.com/K3/K3FAQ.htm>http://www.elecraft.com/K3/K3FAQ.htm , where they state: "Once ALC is working to our satisfaction, we'll provide simple interfacing information that will allow the use of negative control voltages (probably a resistive divider pulled up to a positive supply, or at most an op-amp circuit)."

So you might want to query Elecraft directly to see if this design is complete yet.

I have a K3 on order, and, like many others, I absolutely need a standard negative-going ALC voltage to protect my Quadra in the event of an antenna failure while transmitting. I would prefer to have it working properly inside the K3 rather than some kludge that I have to try to add and then wonder if it actually works, but I will take whatever design Elecraft can provide.

Jerry W4UK