I would be very surprised if outsourcing manufacturing has NOT been thought about and discussed behind closed doors. How could you not at least think about that with production being as backlogged as it is? I wouldn't expect to see this any time soon, because it would take many, many months to set this up with standards high enough for Elecraft, but if this radio comes to dominate both the high-end performance and mid-range price-point markets, it seems like a no-brainer to me. Is this heresy? Maybe... :-) But seems to me it's reality business-wise.

Bill W5WVO

Dave Andrus wrote:
Time to go "big time" with an offshore production line!?  Maybe Yaesu/
Motorola will subcontract it for them!

I'm kidding...just kidding...;-)

73,

Dave K7DAA