So far I havent used it together with my radio station. I probably
will and then I have to solve it.
I dont know how much noise it creates, I have to check as soon as
I get some more time. You see for living I run my own small company
and right now I´m quite busy.

73 Jim SM2EKM
Dave G4AON wrote:
Raymond and Jim

I use a Maplin L40BB high power 12 volt input adapter with my Toshiba Satellite laptop and it's fine for portable use. I replaced the short cigarette plug lead with a longer and higher current one taken straight to my leisure battery and also glued the output voltage switch to avoid accidents with the wrong voltage being set. It's quiet on HF through to 1296 MHz, although I don't use end fed wire antennas when portable!

Maplin are at: http://www.maplin.co.uk (enter L40BB to see the adapter). The power adapter looks "generic" and will no doubt be available elsewhere. They are often on offer from Maplin at half price.

73 Dave, G4AON

My question : how do you avoid the noise generated by the laptop (OEM) UPS ?

Raymond METZGER

F4FNT