N6AX:
> Just assembling my K3 and perhaps I missed an assembly step because,
> though I ordered the KXV3, KIO3 and KAT3, I hve no aux antenna port
> below the two antenna connectors...what did I miss?

KK7P:
Not a thing.  It is called "RX ANT IN" on the KXV3. The port you are
referring to is near the SO-239s and is intended for the KRX3 (which is
not to imply it comes with the KRX3, or that it does not, and I don't
know the answer).

        There is nothing missing in your assembly.  I
believe AUX RF (below ANT1 and ANT2) is reserved for a
future RX ANT input for the Sub RX only (i.e. similar in
function to the present RX ANT on the KXV3).  Elecraft's
drawing of the rear panel shows this port being a BNC
connector just like the KXV3's BNC for RX ANT.

            Why all this complexity?  When using the Sub RX
for diversity receive, one might want to do the following:

1.  Transmit on ANT1, assign Main RX to your transmit
antenna and assign Sub RX to a receive only antenna
on AUX RF (i.e. you're using your transmit antenna and
a separate receive antenna for diversity receive).

2.  Transmit on ANT1, assign Main RX to a receive antenna
on RX ANT and assign Sub RX to another receive antenna
on AUX RF (i.e. you're using two separate receive antennas
for diversity receive).

The way I understand it (which could be wrong!) is that
AUX RF can only be used for the Sub RX, not the Main RX.
I suspect this will become more clear after the KRX3 is
introduced.  There may be a little kit to add the BNC
connector for AUX RF and appropriate wiring connecting
it to the KRX3.  In the meantime, there is absolutely
nothing wrong with your present assembly!

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV