Bill W4ZV wrote:

> I used a TS-930S for many years and learned to depress TF-SET (Kenwood's
> equivalent to REV) with my left index finger and tune the Main VFO with my
> left pinky.  Since I found it very natural to do the same with REV in the
> K3, out of curiosity I actually measured the distance of both rigs from
> the TF-SET/REV button to the edge of the Main VFO knob.  Both are
> ~4"...which explains why the K3 felt very natural to me.

Correction...make that 4" from the TF-SET/REV button to the *center* of the
Main VFO knobs.

Also I would personally find it very difficult to do REV using the K3's SUB
button due to the very tight spacing of the SUB location.  There's simply no
way my fingers would fit while depressing SUB and trying to turn the VFO
knob with another finger.  The spacing is far too tight, not to mention the
position of SUB being very low even with the bail extended.  To me it looks
more like a two-hand operation than one-hand due to the very tight spacing.
Maybe a Menu option could make everyone happy, but I like it the way it is
now.

73,  Bill