GW0ETF wrote:

> I wonder if there is a good reason why the REV function couldn't be
> allocated to one of the ACC pins and operated by a foot switch.....?
>
> For those ofcourse that don't want to use a foot switch for PTT and/or
> haven't got the second RX on order...(like me)

Good idea!  I know some did that with the TF-SET on the TS-930S.  It "might"
even be possible to hack this yourself if Elecraft didn't want to do it.

Before giving up on using REV as is, try depressing REV with you left index
finger and place your leftmost finger(s) on the top of the big VFO knob.  It
helps if the knob is set to spin freely.  I've been doing this since 1984 so
it seems very natural to me.  I also LOCK VFO A (on the DX frequency) so any
momentum from the knob still moving is not transferred from VFO B to VFO A
as REV is released.  I believe this was a relatively recent firmware change
and I'm not sure it was ever documented.  There can still be a 10 Hz shift
in VFO A if you intentionally release REV while the knob is rapidly spinning
but you must really try to induce that (i.e. not a "real" issue IMHO).

73,  Bill