Hi, Norm!

First, here is the URL for the DXCC rules on the ARRL web site:

http://www.arrl.org/awards/dxcc/rules.html

For DXCC, if your multiple locations are within the same DXCC entity, it
doesn't matter.  You can move from California to New York and you're in the
same DXCC entity, so all your QSOs from the continental United States (the
lower 48) count for one DXCC award.

QSOs you make from Puerto Rico or Hawaii count toward a DXCC award from that
DXCC entity. For example, I have DXCC from England (where I lived for 4
years) and a separate DXCC for the United States.

However you can't combine QSOs made from California and Hawaii and Alaska
into one DXCC award.

If you used multiple calls, you just tell the DXCC desk in your application
what your calls were.  They have access to the historic callsign databases
if there's any question. Some of my England DXCC QSOs were made as G0/AA6MC,
some were made with my England call of G0MFO, they're all one DXCC.  I just
told them the dates and calls and sent the cards.

The DXCC program goes back to about 1945.  Your 1970's Novice QSOs
definitely count for the "Mixed" award.  However DXCC CW started in 1975, so
CW contacts prior to that date won't count toward your CW DXCC.

Some DXCC entities have changed over the years, so your card from East
Germany or Czechoslovakia in the 1980's might count for a "deleted country"
now.