If I may return to the original topic: Ken asked about experience of connecting a K3 via a USB port to Vista. My experience is wholly positive. I picked up a standard USB-to-serial "adaptor" at my local supermarket while doing my grocery shopping. It cost under 25 euros. Plugged it into my laptop running Vista, it automatically downloaded the driver from the MS Windows Update site and works perfectly with the K3.

It does seem to use the Prolific chip, judging by messages I saw as the driver was installing.

73

Neill
F5VLD / G4HLX

K2 #2425