I've got a K3 kit on order with delivery expected sometime this summer,
optimistically June.

I'm exclusively a CW op at this point with some interest in digital modes.
SSB holds little interest for me at this time, but may at some time in the
future.

It has recently occurred to me that although I'm not interested in SSB now I
should probably check out my (someday) new K3 in all modes including SSB
when it gets here and I put it together.

I'm guessing that means hooking up a mike and giving it enough of a go to
know whether everything is ok.

Any thoughts on the least expensive way to do this?

73

jim ab3cv