Hello Vic

I think to demonstrate the magnitude of the problem I am going to have to
measure the audio level and compare it to a side tone at a particular setting.
Or, perhaps, make a recording and send it over for evaluation.  However, a
qualititive statement might do for now:  at side tone (monitor) level of 12
which I find a happy state to listen to with real signals it is extremely
intrusive and obliterates real signals coming through between elements.
Monitor would have to be near to maximum with audio below listening levels for
real signals to make the ratio even approach satisfactory levels.

If no-one else is getting this, it must be a faulty component.

I look forward to hearing others' experience.

David
G3UNA